This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Sort Order

Nov 22, 2016 at 6:45 PM
Is there a way to sort entries other than the regular alphabetical? Ideally, a drag and drop function or something similar to the arrows you can use the change the order of images.

I tried to create a custom field called SortOrder, but I had some problems with that. If I create it as a number field, it is not available to sort by in the filter settings. If I set it as a text field, I can sort by it, but it will sort the numbers alphabetically instead by number order. For instance, it will display this order 10, 2, 300, 5 etc. instead of 2, 5, 10, 300

I suppose I could use the publishenddate for this, but that seems cumbersome and feels like workaround.
Nov 23, 2016 at 4:04 PM
Edited Nov 23, 2016 at 4:10 PM
Hi,

I asuming you use something like the articles template.
I see there is a bug in the form builder witch dont generate a correct schema.json for number fields.
You can correct it by manually add in the schema.json type equals number.
"SortOrder": {
      "type": "number",
      "title": " SortOrder"
    },
After that you sortField will appaers in the Filter settings, sort.

You can download a fix here :
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/sachatrauwaen/opencontent/build/02.00.00.620-hotfix/sort_number/artifacts

Can you tell me if this fix your issue.

Regards,
Sacha
Dec 13, 2016 at 5:27 PM
Hi,

Can you tell me if you install the fix and if it solve your issue ?

Regards,

Sacha
Jul 18 at 3:27 PM
Edited Jul 18 at 3:29 PM
Hi Sacha

I am using OpenForm - have I got the wrong Forum for this ?

I already have OpenContent installed 3.2.2 - so cannot install the fix from the download link as it as a previous version.

Eddy

SORRY - wrong post !