This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Copy template > "Uh-oh, something broke: Not Found"

Jul 15, 2015 at 1:12 PM
I developed a template on my DNN module test install.
I tried to copy the template to another installation by copying the template folder.
Now on my "new install", when I try to select a template, I get this error: "Uh-oh, something broke: Not Found"
The templates show up in the template drop down, but selecting one does not have any effect it seems.

Am I missing something? Is there something else I need to do?
(DNN 7.3.4 & Open Content 1.2.1)

Thanks, Timo
Jul 15, 2015 at 1:14 PM
I guess I should have exported the template and imported it, but a simple file copy, would make deployment a lot easier, if that's possible.
Jul 15, 2015 at 1:33 PM
Edited Jul 15, 2015 at 1:33 PM
Even if I export the template and import it, I get the error mentioned above.
Could that be an issue in the 1.2.1 version?
Jul 15, 2015 at 1:47 PM
Edited Jul 15, 2015 at 1:49 PM

export/import or file copy have to work the same way.

Is your "other installation" installed in a virtual directory ?

Your error : Uh-oh, something broke: Not Found
Comming from a web api call.

Can you see in the browser developer tools/ network which is the full output of the web api call .

This give, i think more info about the error.

Jul 15, 2015 at 1:50 PM
BTW, this is the file exported by the 1.2.1 version, I'm trying to import.
Import does not work in both 1.2.0 and 1.2.0

I'm testing on a child portal and the Portal folder has a custom name, not the PortalID as the name of the folder.
Jul 15, 2015 at 1:55 PM
For some reason the request with a 404 is:
Says fiddler..
Jul 15, 2015 at 2:21 PM

The problem is that you are on a virtual directory "skin-colormenubar".

I will be resolve this in a short time.

Jul 15, 2015 at 2:58 PM
Ok, thanks.
I donlt think the installation is not in a virtual directory.
DNN is installed directly in the root of the IIS site's folder.
But I am using this in a child portal, with that name.


Is the path to the child-portal
(I have a child portal per client on my local machine)
Jul 15, 2015 at 5:01 PM
FYI, when I try the same on the Root portal, I get the same error, but now caused by the fact that this is a Multi language site I guess:

Jul 15, 2015 at 5:16 PM
Edited Jul 15, 2015 at 5:17 PM

I try to reproduce on on a dnn 734 with opencontent 1.2.1

On a child portal and on a ML root portal.
But it works fine for me .

Can we do a skype/teamviewer session to look at your install ?


Jul 15, 2015 at 5:30 PM


1) can you test this url in the browser where a user is loged in

2) can you check event log and log files in Portals/_Default/logs
and check if there are opencontent related errors or web api related errors

Jul 16, 2015 at 10:24 AM
Hi Sacha,

I made a copy of the site to send it to you and then it worked again :-s
After a few hours of testing, the only thing that helped was to copy the faulty sites folders content to a new folder and set IIS to server the site from that folder.
Deletingt he site in ISS and recreating, resetting security, etc. did not help.
Not sure what was the issue, but just in case someone else has the issue, I'm reporting this.

Thanks for your help!
Marked as answer by sachatrauwaen on 7/16/2015 at 2:58 AM